Fantasy Books

Fantasy Books

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sworn to Raise by Terah Edun Review




Rating 5/10

Sworn to Raise starts out about as expected. We get to know Ciardis and her personality. She lives in a small village called Vaneis. She is a cleaner in the village who has a very mundane life. She falls into the typical role in that she doesn't really fit in, have many friends, etc. However, this is what I was expecting so again not disappointed. What I didn't expect was for the story to not even be believable. 


I was astounded that she would leave with a complete stranger. I guess, depending on how bad your life is you will do anything I thought. So I let it go after a while and kept reading. However, many things were left out of the novel. I would have liked to know more about the world in which the story takes place. We only get small bits and pieces throughout the book as it goes on. It is kind of confusing, especially when the story abruptly goes places that don't really connect with what has happened previously at the same time.

I did like that the book contains magic and also court intrigue, which is always a good thing to have. Also, Ciardis can definitely stand up for herself. It was just weird how some things would happen that you would expect to have a huge impact, but they would fall flat. It was as if they were just simply solved and then thrown away. 

Also, the ending of Sworn to Raise was way to fast. I couldn't believe after what just happened they would end it the way the did. It wasn't even like ending on a cliffhanger. It was just...weird! I got this book for free from here. If I hadn't, I would be more disappointed. I also have the next two books, and I will be reviewing them. I hope they get better. Overall, I wouldn't read this book again, but I don't feel like I wasted time reading it. It wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't good either. I would say to give this book a try if you just want a light read and there isn't anything else you have to read at the time. Overall, I give this book a 5 out of 10.
















































































post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment